This program was developed in response to the need for communities to gain skills to better identify sources of air pollution and develop ideas about how to limit or avoid exposures that can impact a person’s health. The program and exercises are designed to be interactive and stimulate questions and develop a personal plan for action.
Goals for participants are to:
- Identify different types of air pollution
- Describe sources of air pollution around them
- Describe the health effects of air pollution (community and individual)
- Identify techniques to reduce exposure in the home and community
- Develop a plan to take further action steps